Sunday, February 17, 2013

Simple life

I've often found myself drawn to a simple way of living in fact if I'm honest a small part of me wants to be Amish. Ok maybe not so much but still "simple living" seems like the right thing to do. I've started my quest at living a more "simple" life. First let me explain my definition of simple living.
To me it's just that, simple. Sometimes we over do things, we pay money for things that we could just as easy do ourself an it would be better. Simple living is centered around your family an spending time with them not away from them. Creating fun activities for you to do rather then pay someone else to entertain you.
So yesterday I made bread! I'm 26 an it was a first for me! I enjoyed it. I enjoyed being able to make something that tasted better then bread you could buy in the store. I enjoyed it being a learning experience for not only me but my son Caleb. We were able to watch yeast do its magic! It's truly an amazing thing! We both stood beside the oven when I opened it to see our creation! An we where excited to taste test it! It was pretty yummy if I don't say so myself!

Tuesday I'm sitting aside a day to do once a month cooking. Also know as OAMC. I'm excited to take steps towards a simple life. Owing my own business keeping up with two small children doesn't leave much time but the fact I will have 21 homemade meals in my freezer to feed my family with gives me peace. No more stressing over what's for dinner. More time enjoying each other. I'm excited to share with you how this experience will go, but for now I leave you with bread! Make something from scratch this week!

I got my bread recipe from Blissful and domestic

http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/p/ready-made-mixes.html

I made her ready made hot roll mix then followed her "good for you" bread recipe mix! It was super yummy I hope you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment